RED LIME CHICKEN FETTUCCINE
(depending on what else you put on the table)
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium-small onion, sliced thin
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 medium large tomato, chopped
2 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves, cubed
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 tablespoon Cholula (or other hot red sauce)
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 pound fettuccine or other pasta
grated parmesan or romano cheese
a. Mix flour with chicken cubes.
b. Mix together lime juice, chili powder, red sauce and honey.
c. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
1. Melt butter in a very large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic
2. Add sliced vegetables and sauté 2-3 minutes. Push to one side of
3. Put chicken in skillet next to vegetables. Sauté and stir chicken
until almost done. Stir vegetables and chicken together and reduce heat.
4. Add lime juice mixture and stir until thickened.
5. Remove from heat and salt to taste.
6. Serve over cooked fettuccine, or other favorite pasta. Sprinkle with
lots of grated cheese.
Red bell peppers were on sale at the
store, and the lime tree in my Arizona backyard was bountiful, so this recipe just
happened one night. It may not be for everybody, because it is a real tingle to your taste
buds. But if you love lime and chili, you'll probably love this.
It looks really pretty if you use spinach
(green) pasta. By the way, it tastes just fine to use spaghetti, linguine, or angel hair,
but it sounds better and is such fun to say "Red Lime Chicken Fettuccine."
Good accompaniments to this
spicy feast: cucumber salad, and fresh fennel bread sticks.